Thursday, July 29, 2010

Welcome to Murdo, SD




Day 8:
Today marks the first week of our journey! I've read some emails about the consistency of the posts of the blog, but the last couple of days have been parts of the surprise I've been talking about... But lets move on. Today we headed out of Iowa/Nebraska and drove into South Dakota. The town we are currently in is called Murdo, it's a wild west town from the early 20th century. It is just like the wild west but with a touch of modern buildings and technology. For our first day in SD, things were kind of strange. Along I-29, we saw these giant bull heads and tee-pees along the highway. I even saw my first hitch-hikers going to Sioux city, not that it's a contest or some kind of honor to see these guys, but you just never see them in the east coast. Day 7 was an easy day, I got this cool Ozzy Osbourne Tee shirt from Spencer's. We arrived in Murdo around 9:30 and went to a Cowboy bar for dinner... Yee Ha! We plan to go to Deadwood and Mt. Rushmore tomorrow and stay in South Dakota for another night. 8 states in 8 days, good progress so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment