Friday, August 6, 2010

Vortexes and Vater




Day 16:
Today we visited the mountains and mesas of Sedona, which is home to four energy vortexes, and one secret area that could take a couple of hours to reach, due to its unbeaten path and steepness. These vortexes were made from the iron in the red rocks in Sedona, which can multiply your mood, or fill you of energy, making it a popular tourist spot for meditation. You can also see gnarled Juniper trees in the ranges, made gnarled from its interception from the transfer of iron to the vortex. We visited 2/5 of the vortexes today. The secret one, and the closest on to our hotel. It was pretty easy to climb, and you can really feel the energy within you! I was only feeling normal, but once we were there I felt super happy!! The hikes were moderate and the view from the tops of the mesas were outstanding. About 1/3 of the hike my mom and sister bailed out and me and my dad continued on. We got some pretty good pictures before the path got steeper. Once we came back we had finished almost half of a 24-pack of bottled water after the past 2-3 days! We hope to get to the third before we go to Santa Fe tomorrow. I just only hope we can get a picture and clear our minds for the coming adventure.

3 comments:

  1. well its 0600 on Saturday and Bella has been jogging all night. She must be taking hikes to keep up with you.

    Ps. So you werent able to leave Jade with her coyote rangers. When I took an oath they kept me for years....

    ReplyDelete
  2. the rangers couldn't keep her - she was too chatty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've fallen. And I can't get out of the vortex.

    ReplyDelete