Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We Do Hoodoos







Day 14:
Early in the morning we visited Bryce Canyon in southern Utah. We heard that it gets rainfall almost every day during the summer from the ranger at the toll. Gladly it only rained for about 20 minutes, and one heck of a 20 minutes it was. I was being annoyed by my sister and I got so mad I grabbed her special $100 pillow and threw it at her head. She left her window open and the pillow just shot right out of the car! We had to u-turn on the freeway and dangerously get it from the middle of the street and come back. Soon after, we started our 3 mile hike uphill on the Navajo Loop trail, which was claimed to be "The most scenic trail in America," which it was what it was said to be. There are formations called Hoodoos based on an Indian name and legend is that people who lived there turned to stone - and the formations look just like people and other objects. I even found the perfect man-cave. The hike took a couple hours, considering there was a lot of wildlife and viewpoints you just couldn't resist and the colors were amazing, but we were just so tired! Finally we got up to the top of the red and white stripe canyon and I almost could drink 5 rain barrels of water I was so thirsty!
Later, we headed to Arizona and as we approached Tuba City which wasn't a city at all with its 3 NYC block radius and only had 3 motels, which were all booked and same with every other neighbor town, we had to drive to Flagstaff, AZ, about 1 hour out of the way, and I am finally able to write this entry. Grand Canyon tomorrow and etc. Will blog then

3 comments:

  1. How was the HOODOOS?
    I can't believe they were people that turned to stone by coyotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool are Hoodoos? Pretty darn magical if you ask me.
    I am glad you visited Bryce. It is beautiful just driving through the park let alone those funky hoodoos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bet your dad sang a song with hoodoo in it all day...

    ReplyDelete